Curling hair is definitely a skill that you are either born with or not. For me I’ve always been pretty good at curling my hair with a curling iron however, I totally suck at using a flat iron to get the super bouncy curls you see all the celebrities wearing. Every time I get my hair colored, my stylist uses a flat iron to curl it but I’ve never seem to be able to recreate this look myself at home so, I wanted to not only learn how to do it myself, but to teach you all the tricks as well.
The one thing I learned here is that it is possible to become a great hair stylist- if you’re willing to put in the work. Practice makes perfect so let’s get to practicing!
-Reasons to try it out-
- Your curls will last way, way longer.
- Your curls will be much bouncier with tons more volume than using a curling iron.
- You decide the curl style with one tool: depending on your technique, you can create wavy or doll like curls.
-Tips to Remember-
- How you iron the last inch of hair will determine the outcome of your curl. If you curl to the very end of your hair, your curls will be very bouncy and doll like. If you leave a straighter end, your curls will be wavier. I like mine more wavy so I leave some hair out at the end.
- Always tease your hair before curling it for added volume.
- Some tutorials suggest you curl all different directions however, I like them to be the same so I always curl away from my face, on both sides.
- In the video below she is also wearing Bellami hair extensions for added volume so she is able to leave the iron on the hair longer, do not leave the heat on your real hair this long!
-Things You Will Need-
- A good flat iron with rounded edges to ensure a smooth curl, I got mine from my girlfriend Heather who sells them. She had this super cute pink one I had to have- you can buy the same by emailing her at ➨ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A silky hair oil to smooth out curls after curling, I use Moroccanoil®
- A good YouTube tutorial, my favorite is this one below ⇩⇩⇩
Once I am done curling my hair I will use the oil to smooth out each curl.