It’s been a minute since I professed my love to Priscilla… She is so cute, I don’t know how people live without pets! ♡ Priscilla, I Love You! Even though you never kiss me back.
Over the past few months, coconut oil has official replaced almost all of my beauty products. At first I was sort of sad, because I had an attachment to so many of my favorite beauty products, however, using just one product, for so many different purposes, of course saves a ton of time and money!
The best part about using organic coconut oil, instead of other beauty products, is that it is entirely natural, meaning there is nothing in it that is harmful to you which is awesome. Oh and big jar of Nutiva Organic Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil only costs $20 which is a steal considering a little goes a long way and you can use it for almost everything! So, to anyone up for a little beauty experimentation, here are a handful of things you can do with coconut oil.
14 Things To Do With Coconut Oil-
- Whitening Toothpaste- Take equal parts coconut oil and baking soda, and make your very own whitening toothpaste! Add in 20 drops of your favorite essential oil for flavor, I like adding mint!
- Hydrating Hair Mask- Heat the coconut oil up for 15 seconds and simply saturate your entire head with the oil. Cover your hair with a shower cap and leave this on for 30 minutes up to overnight.
- Make Up Remover- Coconut oil effortlessly removes even the most stubborn waterproof mascara.
- Healthier Eyelashes & Brows- noticeably increases how quickly and evenly I tan, offers protection against burning and makes your tan last much longer. Coconut oil contains vitamins and minerals that stimulate lash and eyebrow growth. Careful not to get any into your eyes though!
- Burns Fat- Studies have shown women that consume at least two tablespoons a day, for 12 weeks, lowered their abdominal fat. Add this into anything! Coffee, tea, baked goods, veggies, meats and more!
- Moisturizing for Skin- Coconut oil is loaded with Vitamin E which is super hydrating for your skin. Swap out your face and body lotions for coconut oil, but make sure it’s organic before doing do!
- Under Eye Cream- I am a huge fan of under eye creams, but, coconut oil has proven to be just as effective as some of my other pricier creams!
- Use Instead of Butter- I really do not like using butter when I cook, so, I was thrilled to learn that you can easily use coconut oil instead! Say bye to butter when baking and hello to coconut oil.
- Natural Exfoliate- Add a little sugar, salt or coffee grinds to your coconut oil for an all natural exfoliate for lips, body & face.
- Shaving Gel- I love using coconut oil instead of a shaving gel, it allows for a much closer shave, and, of course, leaves your legs silky smooth after!
- Stretch Mark Prevention- To any future Mommy’s, simply rub your belly with coconut oil to prevent stretchmarks that may come with your pregnancy.
- Lip Balm- Apply coconut oil throughout the day to keep your lips hydrated!
- Sunless Tanner Protector- If you’re anything like me, you love your spray tans. What I don’t love about them though, is how quickly they fade. It’s a bit of a hassle, however, applying coconut oil before you shower repels the water, meaning a longer lasting tan!
- Outdoor Tanning- If you do enjoy some fun in the sun, ditch toxic tanning oils and use organic coconut oil instead. Coconut oil noticeably increases how quickly and evenly I tan. It also protects against burning and leaves you with a longer lasting tan.
So there you have it, a ton of new ways to use coconut oil for just about anything beauty related, just remember to always buy organic, as you do not want to be soaking your body with modified oils.
Are there any uses I left out that you enjoy? Comment below!
Recently changing to a paleo diet meant I had to say bye bye to oatmeal in the mornings. Great, now what would I eat when I am rushing out the door and needed a quick snack? For no reason, other than a lack of options, I usually would just grab an apple and be on my way, hungry by the time I even made it to work. Sure I could have been making breakfast, but who really has time for that?
Thankfully, last week while browsing instagram, I saw Suja Juice had posted a new recipe for a Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding, made with their Vanilla Cloud juice. I love this juice, so, naturally, I had to try it out! Not only does it fit into the paleo diet, but it is made with all natural ingredients and is the perfect oatmeal substitute.
I was skeptical to try it out because I am not usually a fan of the chia seed drinks, however, I must say this recipe is beyond delicious and so easy to make! Almost too easy.
So, before I share their recipe, let me go over what chia seeds are and why they are so great!
What are Chia Seeds?
- Help control hunger by expanding in your belly, helping you to feel full and eat less.
- Enhance your diet with super-nutrients
- Have more antioxidants than any whole food, even blueberries.
How can you eat them?
- Sprinkle them dry on cereals, rice, salads, veggies, anything really.
- Mix into yogurts, smoothies, sauces, baked goods or dressings.
- Mix them with a liquid like almond milk to create a pudding like texture.
So, now that you know how great Chia Seeds are for you, you must try out this recipe, here is what you will need:
Vanilla Cloud Chia Seed Pudding Ingredients-
- 1 Vanilla Cloud Suja Juice. Available at most health stores.
- 3/4 cups of Chia Seeds. Available at any health store in the same cartons as loose nuts.
- Organic Almond Butter
- Organic Coconut Oil is optional
Take 1/2 the bottle of your Vanilla Cloud drink (8 oz.) & 1/3 cup of chia seeds and mix them together in a bowl. Stir in one spoonful of almond butter and then simply place the bowl, covered, in the refrigerator to sit for a minimum of 3 hours. Once you take the pudding out of the fridge, give it a good stir and enjoy!
So easy, so healthy, so fast & so yummy.
I used to think Shakira was annoying and weird, but somehow, over the years, I have really grown to love her; Still don’t like her yellow hair though… I liked her latest duet with my favorite Blake Shelton, and I am even more obsessed with her new song Empire, so, passing it along to you.
♚ Now Playing: Shakira Empire ♚
Kim Kardashian was spotted grabbing lunch at Hugo’s restaurant in Los Angeles earlier this week wearing a super cute, Alexandre Vauthier sleeveless turtleneck dress, paired with Azzedine Alaïa Spring 2009 python and bell sandals.
This outfit is super easy to recreate after finding these embellished black and gold Not Rated heels… simply pair any high collared LBD with these similar “Bloody Mary” Not Rated heels and you’re looking just as fab for a whole lot less.
Kim Kardashian in Alexandre Vauthier & Azzedine Alaïa
Get the Look for Less in Nasty Gal & Not Rated
Here in San Diego, it’s officially bikini season, then again, when is it not? I was browsing Victoria’s Secret the other day and loved their new ‘Bikini Mixer‘ feature… It basically allows you to create the bikini of your dreams, choosing your favorite cut and color, all custom to you, and for well under $100.00.
It was pretty fun to be able to click around and design them however I wanted, check out the ones I created! If you would like to create your own, you can visit their website here.
Victoria’s Secret ‘Bikini Mixer’
Isn’t it funny how every few months or so, a different Kardashian pops up with some dramatic new look? Lately Khloe has been the one in the limelight, receiving tons of attention for her post divorce weight loss. I can’t blame people for talking about her though, as I think she is looking great and I really love this outfit look!
My fabulous intern Kirstin and I took some Coachella inspired pictures this week for work, so, if you happen to be heading out to the festival, here are a few outfit inspirations! Coachella tends to be pretty hot, and considering you are roaming around all day, you’ll really want to be as comfy as possible when selecting an outfit.
My tips for actually enjoying the event, and not worrying about being uncomfortable, would be to:
- Wear light colors and light weight fabrics.
- Wear flats or a very comfortable wedge. Wearing comfortable shoes is probably the most important tip.
- Headbands are cute, but, mine annoyed me after just a few minutes and then messed up my hair.
- Opt for a more natural looking make up, paired with a fun, bold lip!
- Load up on accessories if you want to blend in, this festival is all about bangles, flower crowns, rings & statement necklaces.
- You will probably end up sitting in the grass, so wear something you can sit down in.
- Overall, you want to be cute, however, comfort at this event is essential.
-And now for some of our looks-
Kirsten is wearing:
- Black and White flower dress by Lulu*s
- Black woven flat sandals by Naughty Monkey
- Sunglasses by Lulu*s
- Neon pink espadrille flats by Naughty Monkey
I am wearing:
- Periwinkle dress by Lulu*s
- Pewter Sunflower sandals by Naughty Monkey
- Gypsy headband by Nordstrom, I actually layered two together.