Ahhh, it’s that time of the year again, the time the men of the world rather avoid: Holiday shopping. Even though you may know your girlfriend pretty well, figuring out exactly what to get her can be a bit overwhelming so, for your shopping convenience, I have put together a list of the things my girlfriends and I would love to receive this Christmas. Remember we are very girly and love all things pink, glitter, leopard and glam so if your girlfriend doesn’t have a glamorous style, read this list at your own risk. I am aware that everyone has a different budget so I will leave the price range up to you to decide, feel free to get as many or as little of these items as you choose.
A few tips to consider before holiday shopping for her:
- Check her Pinterest account for gift ideas, girls will tell you exactly what they want by what they pin.
- If you are unsure of what size to buy her, sneak into her closet when she’s in the shower and take note of a few items. If you don’t have access to that, just ask her a few of her sizes in different things so she won’t know exactly what you’re planning.
- Don’t be afraid to ask the girls at the store for their opinion. Just make sure they have decent style, the last thing you need is advice from some girl who doesn’t know what’s up.
- No matter what the gift is, try to put some thought into it. Select a gift that she has been wanting or that you genuinely took time to pick out. It’s of course always about the effort and thought, and less about the actual monetary value.
And now for my suggestions:
- Apple Gadgets- If she’s anything like me, she loves her Apple products. iPads, iPhones, iMacs… I also love cute cases to go with my gadgets so keep your eye out for any cute covers to go with her gadgets. Leopard, polka dots and metallics are a good place to start.
- Coffee supplies- A gift card to her favorite coffee shop or a cute new coffee mug/cup! For added cuteness/thoughtfulness, fill the cup with her favorite candy.
- Perfume- it’s an easy but safe gift she will surely love. Don’t stress too much over the scent because if you love it hopefully she will too. After all, you’re the one smelling it. Ask the girls at the fragrance counter a few of their favorites and then choose yours. Worst case scenario she can exchange it for something else she likes better.
- Concert Tickets- Check out ticketmaster.com for any artists she might love that are coming to town in 2014 and swoop her the best seats you can.
- Disneyland Passes- Let’s face it, most girls love Disneyland, and whether you like it or not, you’re probably going so you might as well score some points and pretend like it was your idea. If you can’t do annual passes, perhaps plan a day the two of you can go and surprise her. Sometime soon though because Disneyland decorated for the Holiday’s is the best/only time to go.
- Workout Clothing- I love working out, but I love cute workout clothing more. Depending on her style, there are numerous brands to choose from that offer cute, girly workout clothing to motivate her to hit the gym. Some brands to check out are: Lorna Jane, Lulu Lemon, Bebe, Victoria’s Secret, Express & of course my favorite, Nike.
- Cute Gym Shoes- I have an obsession with cute workout gear but more so with cute gym shoes. I am a Nike snob so anything Nike that is pink, coral, black, white or leopard… size 8.5 please! Also, don’t forget, you can always customize your own, making hers one of a kind that fit her personality perfectly.
- Shiny Hair- Everyone always asks me how my hair is so shiny and it’s all thanks to Moroccan hair oil. If your girl loves beauty products and pretty hair, she will love anything Moroccan Oil. They have a handful of hair care products to choose from, my favorite being their Moroccan Oil Treatment & Hairspray.
- Big, voluminous hair- Now I know guys can’t stand hair extensions but, we love them. An easy way to compromise with this gift idea is to get her some clip in hair extensions that way you both win. She gets big, sexy hair and you’re happy because she can take them out easily. One of my favorite clip in hair extension line is Milani Hair by the beautiful Leyla Milani. You can email them a photo of her hair and they will match the color for you.
- Skin Care- There really is no better gift than the gift of healthy, happy skin. I am huge on buying as organic and toxin free as possible so I love the skincare line my Day Spa, Vasseur Day Spa here in San Diego carries. They have their own line of freshly made, professional strength, all-natural skin care products that are formulated without parabens, toxins, sulfates or synthetics and they ship anywhere in the US. Unsure what products would be best for her? Give them a call they would be happy to help you pick some things out. Also facials, massages and spa packages are always an amazing choice, find the best spa in your area and get her a Spa Day.
- Nail Salon Gift Card- Girly girls love shiny nails. Check out Yelp and see what the best salon in your area is and treat her to some new shiny nails. A good gel manicure and pedicure can be $80- $100 so get her a gift card in that price range. My favorite Nail Salon in San Diego is Nail Lounge in La Jolla.
- Laser Hair Removal- Kind of an odd gift but, I would be beyond thrilled to get this. Skip the Groupon on this one guys, instead do a bit of research and find the best place in town to get her a treatment package from. Remember, it takes a few sessions to work so be sure to buy enough to finish the area she wants done entirely.
- Champagne- Champagne is like make up, you never can get enough and it makes for a great stocking stuffer or filler gift.
- A vacation/weekend getaway- Now this might not be for everyone however what girl wouldn’t love a vacation with her man? Surprise her with a getaway to a fun new destination! Some personal favorite destinations would be Bora Bora, Hawaii, Paris, Cabo, San Francisco, NYC, Miami… shoot, I’m down for anywhere that has delicious food and drinks.
- A new handbag- Girls and purses go together like guys and electronics, you really can’t go wrong with a new bag. There are so many beautiful handbags out there to choose from, ask her favorite brand and pick one out.
- Jewelry- no matter what, we all want jewelry, diamonds preferably.
- A customized name necklace- Every glamour girl needs a Sex & The City inspired name necklace to be complete. I love my name necklace, it’s a must have for any girly girl’s closet.
- A Photo Canvas- as you know, girls love photos, especially photos of us and the men we love. Pick out a great picture of the two of you and have it enlarged onto a canvas from sites like Snapfish or Shutterfly she will be so proud of you for picking out something so cute and creative!
Of course the Holiday’s are about so much more than just gifts, they’re about celebrating life with those you love the most so this list by no means was designed to replace genuine thoughtfulness however you choose to display it. If you have your own way of showing someone you care, feel free to ignore this list as these are just a few ideas for the guys that needed a little holiday gift guiding for the girly girl in their life. I hope it helped a few people out there, happy shopping!